Activities - Yoga
Yoga for the Children of Frankie
This activity for the association Children of Frankie began in 2015. A total of 10 children have benefitted from the yoga sessions animated by Careen, as well as parents, children and other attendants. This experience has been very positive, as evidenced by the letter below.
Please click here to read the testimony of Ms. Giraudi, president of the association Children of Frankie.
The benefits of Yoga
Yoga provides children and teenagers with many physical, mental and emotional benefits. These include:
Physical benefits :
- It helps to develop a healthy posture and maintain the flexibility of a young person
- It’s a support for sustaining and toning a growing body
- It strengths the muscular development
- It supports the immune, respiratory and circulatory systems
- It prevents sports injuries
- It improves coordination and balance
- It teaches the body to relax and it improves sleep
Mental and emotional benefits :
- It helps to build a positive relationship with the body
- It improves concentration
- It helps to cope with anxiety, fear of daily separation from parents, shyness and negative feelings through the learning of breathing techniques
- It relaxes and soothes the mind
- It improves memory
- It helps to assimilate information more easily
- It helps to create a deeper sense of self and mindfulness
The practice of Yoga is a practice of life !